13 Projects for Fall/Halloween-Project #2: Halloween Pumpkin Card


     Hello and welcome back to my blog and my 13 Projects for Fall/ Halloween event. Today I have a really cute card for you with a bunch of pumpkins telling you"Thank You." I came up with this idea the minute I saw this stamp set in the new 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog. This catalog will be available in just a few days, Sept 1st, to all customers! I highly suggest purchasing this bundle because not only is it good for Halloween, but also Fall and Thanksgiving as well. And who just doesn't love a pumpkin?
     I first started with using the Wood Crate Framelits to die cut the crate out from the Wood DSP (Designer Series Paper) stack. I only needed the front of the crate so I positioned the die over the paper as not to waste any and cut out anything unnecessary. I then stamped a bunch of the pumpkins from the Pick a Pumpkin stamp set and die cut them as well.


     Now this is pretty cool. You will notice when you get your catalog or view it on my Stampin' Up! store on Sept 1st that there are some cute pumpkins on one of the pieces of the Spooky Night DSP (Designer Series Paper) that the Patterned Pumpkin Thinlits from this bundle will die cut as well! No fussy cutting these! Isn't that awesome! Another plus to getting this bundle. I did, however, fussy cut some of the pumpkins from a piece of the Painted Autumn DSP.


     I created my card base from a piece of Very Vanilla cut to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" folded in half. I cut a piece of the Spooky Night DSP to 4" x 3-1/4" and glued it onto the top portion of the card base. I then cut a piece of Very Vanilla to 4" x 2-1/4" and embossed it with the Brick TIEF. I glued this onto the bottom of my card base.
     Next, I arranged the pumpkins around and behind the wood crate until I liked it. I used Dimensionals to pop up the crate to create a 3D effect. I placed some of the pumpkins on the front of the crate as well.


     Now time for my sentiment. I looked at a few stamp sets for a cute punny saying for my card and finally decided on one from the Beautiful Bouquet set. I stamped it in Basic Black onto a piece of Very Vanilla and used my Stitched Shapes Framelits to die cut it out. Then I die cut out a piece of Lemon Lime Twist with the Layering Squares Framelits to mat it and glued it to the top of my card.


     I don't like leaving the inside naked so I stamped a few leaf branches, also from the Pick a Pumpkin stamp set, on the inside as well, and there you have it! If you have any questions on how I made this cute card just send me an email scrapnmom@live.com or contact me here.

Here are the supplies I used for this card:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Are you just a beginner stamper and don't know where to get started? Does stamping scare you? Does the idea of a complete stamping kit with full instructions coming to your door each month sound like a great idea and a way to get started??? Well here it is and it is called Paper Pumpkin! And if you are a first time subscriber you have the opportunity to get the September Paper Pumpkin kit for 50% off!

   
     For 50% off for the month of September you get the chance to check out a great kit! In order to get this great deal you need to sign up before 11:59pm MDT Sept 10th. Here are some perks too.
  • The convenience of an all-inclusive kit arriving at your door every month.
  • Exclusive photopolymer stamp sets and the opportunity to build a collection.
  • Crafting time you can count on without a lot of prep work.
  • Trying new techniques.
  • Purchasing past kits and refills so the fun never ends.
  • The quality of the products and variety of projects each month.
  • The surprise factor!

     So if you feel that you could use a little stamping and crafting in your life, or you know of someone who could use some crafting time for themselves, then go here! Also, don't forget that Paper Pumpkin would make a great gift for any reason that will be loved, plus they would remember you every month it shows up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     If you happen to live in the White Mountains of Arizona I am holding my 1st Annual Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stack in November. Dates and more info to come shortly, but I will be holding at least 2 classes on different dates/times. We will be creating 12 Christmas cards, 3 each of 4 designs, for a price of $30 if paid by Nov 1st, $35 after. Light snacks and drinks will be provided as well along with some door prizes. Come enjoy some time with friends and creativity by crafting your own handmade Christmas cards! Imagine the looks on your families/friends faces when they receive a beautiful, handmade card from you in the mail!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    Thanks so much for coming to my blog again today and checking out my new card. Want a little hint for my project #3 in my 13 Projects for Fall/Halloween event? It will be a 3-D item! Hope to see you later this week. Subscribe by email to learn when my next post goes "Live". 

Hugs,
Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Sunflowers Loved Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop

First Frost Valentine's Day Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop

Little Twilight Love Was Written In The Stars Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop