Global Design Project #89 - Color Challenge

     Hello again and welcome back to my blog! So sorry for not posting more this week, but it has been one heck of a week. It started with getting food poisoning Monday evening and then spending the night in the bathroom vomiting. Yuck! Then because of this the rest of the week I battled nausea and an upset stomach. What fun! I saw my doctor on Friday finally and he gave me some pills to help with my symptoms, but they make me very dizzy and sleepy so I take them only when needed. I did, however, manage to get my card done for Global Design Project and here it is.
     This week on GDP it was a color challenge which is one of my faves! Here are the colors for this week. 
     I always start my color challenges by first grabbing all my DSP (Designer Series Paper) by Stampin' Up! and go through it while thinking about the colors we have to use. I finally settled with the paper from the Delightful Daisy pack, because it contains all the colors from the challenge, plus it is just some good looking paper!


     Next, I decided on the stamp set I wanted to use and it was Happy Birthday Gorgeous. This stamp set has a die cut available to get with it as a bundle from Stampin' Up! for a 10% discount in this new Annual catalog. I mainly wanted to use the die cut as my focal point so I decided to watercolor on some watercolor paper with my Aqua painters and the two challenge colors, Calypso Coral and Old Olive. I added in some Daffodil Delight color in the middle of the two other colors to provide a nice transition between them. 



     When I was happy with the turn out of the colors I let the whole thing dry in front of my small desk fan. I then die cut the Happy Birthday die out of this piece of paper. I placed it on top of a piece of Gold Foil paper that I punched at the bottom with my Triple Banner punch. I decided to emboss on this piece with the stamps from the set and some Whisper White embossing powder. When done, I wrapped some Old Olive Baker's Twine around this piece and glued it onto my piece of DSP. I then glued this whole piece onto another piece of DSP and then onto a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock. Next, it all went onto an A2 size Basic Black cardstock card base. 



     On the inside I simply stamped a flower stem with some leaves in Old Olive. Next, I stamped a balloon on the end of the stem to make it look like a balloon flower in Calypso Coral. Too cute, yeah! If you need or want any of the items used in this card just click on the item below. Here are my supplies.



     Thank you so much for coming to my blog today and I hope you really liked what I did for this challenge. Remember to check out all the other projects that other people have made for this color challenge on GDP. There are some amazing items on there! Have a great week everyone!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Are you just a beginner stamper and don't know where to get started? Does stamping scare you? Does the idea of a complete stamping kit with full instructions coming to your door each month sound like a great idea and a way to get started??? Well here it is!! It is called Paper Pumpkin! And if you are a first time subscriber you have the opportunity to get a Paper Pumpkin kit for the next 3 months at a 25% discount! Click on the box below and enter STARTHERE where it asks in the promo box on the right. 
 

    For only $14.96 a month for the first 3 months you get the chance to check out a great kit! Here are some perks too.
  • The convenience of an all-inclusive kit arriving at your door every month.
  • Exclusive photopolymer stamp sets and the opportunity to build a collection.
  • Crafting time you can count on without a lot of prep work.
  • Trying new techniques.
  • Purchasing past kits and refills so the fun never ends.
  • The quality of the products and variety of projects each month.
  • The surprise factor!

     So if you feel that you could use a little stamping and crafting in your life, or you know of someone who could use some crafting time for themselves, then go here! Also, don't forget that Paper Pumpkin would make a great gift for any reason that will be loved, plus they would remember you every month it shows up! 

     Let your friends know about this special too as it is only good until June 10th. Also, when you become one of my customers I will send you the new Stampin' Up! catalog for free, all I ask is if you are already working with another Demonstrator to please ask them for a catalog first. Thanks!

Hugs,

Julie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Sunflowers Loved Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop

First Frost Valentine's Day Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop

Little Twilight Love Was Written In The Stars Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop