SUO Challenge-Things That Fly

     Hello again, it has been a looooong week. You ever have one of those? Everything seemed to come out of nowhere and attack you from all sides. This week it has been a combination of more pain and my depression. Yuck!! I'm not sure if a lot of you know that I suffer from a condition called Degenerative Disc Disease plus a few other back ailments. And one thing that goes hand in hand with chronic pain is depression. So to sum it up I had a bad pain week so my depression was high too. What fun!! Well, enough of that, on to my post.
     Today for you I have a very beautiful card that I made for the Stampin' Up! Only blog
challenge. This challenge was themed #170- Things That Fly. I knew a lot of people would choose the butterflies or the new dragonflies but I wanted something a little different. So I got out my Annual catalog and went through it page by page and made note of all the flying things. I finally decided on the flamingo from the Pop of Paradise stamp set. Next, came a card idea so I headed over to Pinterest and looked around. I picked and chose a few things and came up with my card.
     First, I made my card base by cutting an 8-1/2"x 11" piece of Whisper White cardstock in half to 5-1/2"x 8-1/2". Next, I folded one piece in half and I have my A2 card base of 4-1/4"x 5-1/2". Then, I took a piece of Basic Black and cut it to 4"x 5-1/4" and glued it on top of the Whisper White card base. I then wanted to use a piece of the gold specialty paper from the Pop of Pink DSP (Designer Series Paper) that I had on my desk on this card so I used the Botanical Builder Framelits and die cut the long leaf die on the edge of this paper. I glued it down along the edge of the card base.
     Next, I stamped the flamingo in Flirty Flamingo, of course, on a piece of Whisper
White. I die cut it out with my Stitched Shapes in the largest oval. Then I die cut a scalloped oval in Flirty Flamingo cardstock using the Layering Ovals Framelits. And then I glued these two together. I wanted a little more on this piece so I got out my Gold Foil paper and die cut out three small flowers. I glued them onto the Flamingo piece and then placed rhinestones in the middle of each. I put Stampin' Dimensionals on the back and placed this piece onto my card base.
     Then, I made the flowers in the corner of the card. I started with the Botanical Builder Framelits and die cut two large leaves and two small ones, one large and one small in each color of Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive. I then stamped the vines on them using the Botanical Blooms stamp set with each corresponding color. Next I cut out the flower in Flirty Flamingo cardstock. Then I stacked the leaves onto the card base and glued them down. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up
the flower. I die cut out a flower center using again the Gold Foil paper and glued it onto the flower. On top of that I glued down a gold sequin and then a rhinestone. I then cut a 3-1/2" piece of the Metallic Ribbon available only during Sale-a-Bration which ends March 31st! I folded this slightly off centered and used glue dots to tuck it under the flower.
     Next, I  added my sentiment. I found the one I wanted from the Endless Thanks stamp set and stamped in onto a piece of Whisper White using my Versamark ink pad so I could emboss it. I sprinkled the Gold Emboss powder on top and used my Heat Tool to melt it. After a few seconds it becomes nice and shiny! I then used the Tags & Labels Framelits to die cut out the sentiment and I put this onto my card front using
Stampin' Dimensionals.
     I couldn't leave the inside blank so I used the Pop of Paradise stamp set again and stamped the large leaf in Pear Pizzazz and the smaller leaf in Old Olive. I stamped them a little off the edge for a cool look. And there you have my card.














Here are the supplies I used:




Only 13 days left for Sale-a-Bration!

     That's right! Just a little less then 2 weeks left of Stampin' Up!'s best celebration of
the year! Don't miss out on free product. For every $50 (before tax & shipping) you spend, you will get to pick a free item from the Sale-a-Bration brochure. Go here to starting ordering and get your free items. Get to chose from over 10 products from stamps to paper to ribbon...all FREE. But remember this, Stampin' Up! has told us that all items are now only available while supplies last. The Card Tin, #143833, has sadly already sold out! Get your Sale-a-Bration items NOW!


     Also during Sale-a-Bration, if you decide to join my team you will receive two additional stamps sets of your choice FREE with your Starter Kit. My personnel suggestion would be to get the two most expensive stamp sets that you love this way and use your Starter Kit for
ink, paper, and such. Now this only lasts until March 31st too so if you love everything Stampin' Up! and would love to receive a discount up to 25% off all your future orders then go here and click on "Join The Fun". Remember that the Starter Kit only costs $99 for $125 worth of your choice of product. And you get free shipping!

     And one more special! Only until March 31st if you place an order for $250 (before tax & shipping) or more you will get an additional $25 in Hostess Rewards! That is $25 in FREE rewards you get to spend on anything in any current Stampin' Up! catalog. Plus, you get 5 Sale-a-Bration items. Get orders from family and friends to up your total to get this great offer. Go here and click on "Shop Now" to place your online order. Any questions? Then please go to the same page and click on "Contact Me".

     Thank you so much for coming to my blog today and checking out my post. I hope you have a great weekend! Hugs, Julie


Comments

  1. Wow, what a fun card! Love your flamingo with all of the different papers and elements- thanks for sharing with us at SU-Only Challenges! Hugs and we hope to see your artwork in our gallery again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant thinking - yes the flamingo is a different choice but it's Just perfect for our flying challenge. So glad you joined the fun at SUO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it has been a rough week. Hope this one is better! Love the pink flamingo choice for your "flying" challenge card. So beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is amazing. The Botanical Flowers are so much fun to use. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just sooooo fun! Love all the little 'extras' you had have on there! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Sunflowers Loved Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop

Aim for Alaska 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! New Catalog Sneak Peek Blog Hop

Little Twilight Love Was Written In The Stars Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop