Carousel Horse Card - GDP Challenge

     Hello again, I am so sorry for the break in my posts, but my husband and I took a short vacation to the "Valley" (Phoenix) to pick my brother up from the airport to stay with us for a couple weeks. I hope you are all having a great week so far. Last week, Global Design Project had a Theme Challenge that I so wanted to participate in. I created my card and everything, but just did not have the time to get it onto my blog. So
I am putting it on today for you, because I believe anything created can be inspiration for someone out there.
     The theme for this challenge was Amusement Park and of course the first thing, and I'm sure for a lot of people too, that came to my mind was Carousel Birthday from the 2017 Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog. In this suite you get a gorgeous stamp set, 6"x 6" paper pack, a cardstock pack, an embellishment pack, and a set of two markers to choose and purchase from. Also, in the Up & Away Framelits are two dies that will cut two stamps in the Carousel Birthday stamp set. Too Cute! I got the stamp set out and decided what I wanted to make.
     I first started with a 3-1/2"x 4-3/4" piece of Watercolor Paper. I took my Embossing Buddy out and ran it over the paper. I took out the Ferris Wheel stamp and stamped it with Versamark ink in the middle upper part of the paper. I next poured White Embossing Powder onto the stamped area. I shook off the excess and poured that back into the jar. Then I turned on my Heat Tool and began to heat up
the embossing powder until it turned bright white and shiny.
     Next, I got out the Watercolor Pencils and Aqua Painters. I first scribbled across the embossed area with five colors I had already picked out. I then took the smaller Aqua Painter and filled it with water. I took the Painter and squeezed until the water ran through the tip and then I brushed it across the area that I had just scribbled with the Watercolor Pencils. I tried to blend the colors together as I went. When I was satisfied with the outcome of the colors I set the piece of Watercolor Paper aside to let it dry.
     I then started on the Carousel horse. I stamped the horse onto a piece of Very
Vanilla cardstock using Basic Black Archival Ink. I used this ink as I was going to watercolor again and I did not want the black ink to run. I got out my Stampin' Write Markers and used them and the Watercolor Pencils to color in the Carousel Horse. I then took the Aqua Painter, again, and water colored the horse. I then took my Heat Tool and heat dried the paper where it was wet. After it dried, I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to die cut out the Carousel Horse. Next, I used the Layering Ovals and a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock to die cut out a scalloped frame. I then glued down the Carousel Horse piece onto this piece and placed Stampin' Dimensionals onto the back.
     Now that the Watercolor Paper was dry, I stamped the Birthday sentiment onto the bottom of the paper using Early Espresso ink. I then glued it onto a piece of Bermuda
Bay Glimmer Paper cut to 4"x 5-1/4". I then glued this whole piece onto a So Saffron A2 sized card base. Next I placed the Carousel Horse onto the card using the attached Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I got out some gold sequins and placed three of them around the horse using glue.
     For the inside of my card, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 4"x 5-1/4" and stamped the Circus Tent stamp onto it using Bermuda Bay ink in the left corner going off the cardstock a little bit. I then glued this piece onto the inside of the card. And we are done! Didn't it turn out great! I so wished I had had the time to get it posted before the challenge had ended. Oh well. There is always the next challenge which in fact has already started so I better get started on that one!


Here are my supplies:



     Thank you so much for looking at my blog post today. I have so much fun creating projects for you to look at and be inspired by. If you ever have any questions for me or want to place an order with Stampin' Up! just go here. I am more then willing to help you with anything Stampin' Up! related such as how something works, or how to do something, like maybe, the embossing I did today. I am going to be starting to do more "How To..." videos to better inform you on fun techniques like fancy folds, and watercoloring with our Watercolor Pencils. So please stay tuned!

Hugs,
Julie




Only 5 days left for Sale-a-Bration!!

     That's right! Less then one week of Stampin' Up!'s BEST celebration of the year! Don't miss out on free product. And as the final days are ticking away, Stampin' Up! has
ITEM NUMBERDESCRIPTION
1473612016-2018 In Color 8-1/2” X 11” Cardstock
147365Party Animal Designer Series Paper
147363Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper
147364Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper
147362Party Animal Designer Washi Tape
147360Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
147356Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
 added 5 more items to the free Sale-a-Bration list! For every $50 (before tax & shipping) you spend, you will get to pick a free item from the Sale-a-Bration brochure. Go here to starting ordering and get your free items. Get to chose from over 14 products from stamps to paper to ribbon...all FREE. But remember this, Stampin' Up! has told us that all these items are now only available while supplies last. The Card Tin, #143833, The Glimmer Paper 6"x 6" pack #143831, The Seaside TIEF, #147360, and The Sparkle TIEF, #147356, has sadly already sold out! Don't miss any more! Get your Sale-a-Bration items NOW!

 Join My Team!!

     Also during Sale-a-Bration, if you decide to join my team you will receive two additional stamps sets of your choice FREE with your Starter Kit. My personal
suggestion would be to get the two most expensive stamp sets that you love this way and use your Starter Kit for ink, paper, and such. Now this only lasts until March 31st too so if you love everything Stampin' Up! and would love to receive a discount up to 25% off all your future orders then go here and click on "Join Now". Remember that the Starter Kit only costs $99 for $125 worth of your choice of product. And you get free shipping! Questions? Email me at scrapnmom@live.com.


More Rewards!!

     And one more special! Only until March 31st if you place an order for $250 (before tax & shipping) or more you will get an additional $25 in Hostess Rewards! That is $25 in FREE rewards you get to spend on anything in any current Stampin' Up! catalog.
Plus, you get 5+ Sale-a-Bration items. Get orders from family and friends to up your total to get this great offer. Go here and click on "Shop Now" to place your online order. Any questions? Then please go to the same page and click on "Contact Me".

     Also, if you have placed any order with me in the past 6 months and don't have a current catalog, just let me know and I will get one in the mail for you. Also, if you place a new order with me as your demonstrator, you will receive the current catalogs in your "Welcome" package as a gift from me!

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Sunflowers Loved Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop

Little Twilight Love Was Written In The Stars Card - Kylie's Training Blog Hop

Aim for Alaska 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! New Catalog Sneak Peek Blog Hop

Kylie Bertucci's "Aim For Alaska" Blog Hop - A Little Foxy